Friday, December 1, 2006

Aaaaaahhhhhh . . . . .

What an absolutely perfect day. I don't think it could have possibly been any better.

Last night we got about 8 inches of snow, which really got me in the Christmas mood. Andy was very sweet, and drove to Menards to buy me more lights for the tree, and the kids and I finished decorating it. (Actually, the kids un-decorated it, but eventually I got more ornaments on the tree than they could take off . . .)

Then, I watched one of my all-time favorite movies, Sense and Sensibility, and knitted happily away. After about thirty minutes of watching such English-ness, I had to pause it to make myself a cup of tea. One cannot watch a Jane Austen movie without the requisite cup of tea. (And, of course, thanks to my great sis, Angie, I drank some deliciousness in the form of Mango Tea.)

To top it all off, I FINALLY figured out how to cast on in the "sling-shot" method. I've been putting off knitting Andy a pair of socks, because the cable-cast on I usually do is too tight for socks. I used the Twisted German cast-on (perfect for my twisted German husband, hee, hee!), and I've seen some wonderful progress.

Could my day possibly be any better? Well, it can. This evening is the second meeting of our Freeport knitting/crochetting circle at the Higher Grounds Coffee Shop. At 7:00 I can look forward to a steaming cup of Ghiradelli cocoa topped with marshmallows, and a lovely evening with friends.

I wish my blog could have a sound track. I would just record a contented sigh of aaaaaahhhhhhh . . . . . .

No comments: