Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thankful Thursday

For this week's Thankful Thursday, I wanted to show some of the sweet things I received for Christmas. Unfortunately, I couldn't put everything down here, due to time and space constraints (so please don't be insulted if you don't see your gift here).

My dad and mom gave me the most beautiful dolphin necklace. The stone at the top is a real topaz, too! It's very beautiful, but I couldn't get my retarded camera to get a very good picture.

My sister, Angie, gave me this delicious Hot Cinnamon Tea. It's unbelievably spicy; perfect for chilly days! Talk about decadent, too! Each tea bag comes in a tented glassine bag. I almost feel guilty throwing them away when I've finished making the tea!

My sister Lynn gave me some wonderfully comfy Christmas socks. I don't have pictures of those, because they are currently in the wash. Needless to say, I wear them a lot.

Andy actually took my broad hint and bought me the most wonderful book, Knitting Without Tears by Elizabeth Zimmermann, the famous knitter. It's so full of handy tips and pattern percentages. I just couldn't put it down! It doesn't look like much on the cover, but it's packed with useful information. I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in knitting.

Angie also gave me this nice book, The Cool Girls Guide to Knitting. I just love knitting books. There's always something new to be learned. There are also some neat patterns for cell phone holders and purses in the book. I might try them later this summer.

3 comments:

Acornbud said...

I use my Knitting without Tears a lot. Some great gifts!

Danielle said...

I really like your "Thankful Thursday" idea. You received very lovely christmas gifts indeed! Definitely be thankful for thoughtful family members.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Rachel! Want some photography help with your necklace? :) If not, you're getting it anyway! :b

The problem with the picture you posted is that it focused on whatever is behind your hand. (Your hand is probably too close to the lens to focus.) Anyway, to get a picture of it, you'll need to use the macro-mode.
I'll go get mom's camera to make sure I remember how to use it!
Okay, turn the camera on and then click the third button once. The picture under the button will be a flower and timer. In the little screen (above the buttons) a little flower should appear on the bottom right. That means the macro-mode is on.
That means you can hold your hand close to the camera and it should focus on your hand and not on the background.

I hope that helps! :)

~Kerissa