Sunday, February 25, 2007

Weekend Edition

It's time for the Weekend Edition of the "Life and Times of Our Family"!

On Friday Andy and I went dancing, and learned a few steps for the Foxtrot. It was pretty easy, because the steps were similar to the Waltz, although the rhythm is quite different. We're not to good at the waltz yet, because it's difficult to find the room in our house! Andy was happy that we can practice Foxtrot to some Beatles music.

On Saturday, the kids and I went to a baby shower in Monroe for a church friend. On the way back, it started to snow quite badly. Unfortunately, I got in my first accident. Thankfully, no one was hurt, and it wasn't my fault (so we don't have to pay for repairs; yay!). After calling Andy and the police department, I pulled out my knitting and calmly waited for the police officer to arrive.

So what was Andy doing while I was having fun and getting in car wrecks? Was he having fun too?

No.

Poor man, he replaced some of the pipes for the plumbing in the house. The kids thought that their daddy was just too cool, and I have to agree with them. What a Renaissance man - he can dance and replace the plumbing!

6 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

So glad the accident wasn't bad and no one got hurt! Sounds like you and Andy are having fun with the dancing :o)

Unknown said...

Good for Andy. Sorry about the accident. :(

Ellen said...

Love the pic of you guys together. Sorry about your accident... at least, as you said, it wasn't your fault! Glad all are safe. Sorry about the pipes, too. Glad you have a husband who can fix it for you.

Danielle said...

Instead of one of those weeks, it sounds like you had one of "those" weekends! You're so positive about it all, and I too am very glad to hear the accident was a minor one! That is too cool that Andy has the skills to fix the plumbing, I'm impressed!I hope your week goes much more smoothly than your weekend did. Happy dancing to you guys!

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I love this picture of the grandbabies watching daddy work. Wow. You are getting very good with the camera!
Love ya,
Mom

Cindy said...

Sorry about the accident! Looks like it wasn't too bad, though. I suppose knitting is as good a way as any to pass the time waiting for the cops to arrive. Well, actually, it's probably one of the better ways to pass that time.

The picture of the kids watching their dad is adorable! You can even tell from the picture that they think their dad is cool for being able to do such stuff!