Thursday, May 15, 2008

Unhappy


This is how I feel today. I hate to complain, (well, let's be honest, I do enjoy complaining, hee hee!) but today is a miserable day for me.

It's my due date, and nothing's happening (insert gritted teeth sound here). Nothing, except constant pain in my lower extremities and discomfort verging on causing mass hysteria. It hurts to stand, it hurts to walk, and it hurts to sit. Lying down is okay, but that's not much fun as I haven't figured out yet how to knit while lying on my side. (I must keep my priorities in order, after all, no matter how much pain I'm in.)Oh, just to make matters more interesting still (in case my constant pregnant rantings haven't put you to sleep already), we had a lock-down situation. Seriously.

I decided to go for a short walk to an elementary school playground nearby, and while I was there with the kids, gun shots were heard a block or so away. Everyone ran into the building (well, I sort of huffed and walked), where we were forced to wait for about 45 minutes until the police could declare it safe to go outside. I imagined all sorts of "soap-opera" scenes in which my water broke and I went into labor, screaming horrifically the entire time, but unfortunately, nothing happened. I really should try to stress out more. I think I'm too laid back. Perhaps if I just let loose and had a major spazz-fest this baby would decide to come out.

Or not.

He might decide he's safer in my tummy where I can't get to him.

Hmmm, I never thought about going overdue being caused by a baby's innate sense of self-preservation. Smart kid.

Well, I've decided to take action and I baked up this little tasty treat for our dessert. I haven't made dinner yet, and I don't really have any plans for dinner, but who cares - dessert's ready.

Whew, starting to feel better already. Clogging my arteries does that to me.

No comments: