Monday, February 9, 2009

Frigid North

As most knitters will attest, knitting is fun, but the knitter doesn't often get to knit stuff for themselves. I am a bit more selfish than most, because I do own a few pairs of hand knit socks and three sweaters.

However, after suffering through a majority of the Season of Despair (i.e. Winter) here in the Frigid North WITHOUT a hat, mittens, or fluffy scarf, I have had enough.

I am dropping everything, and knitting something for. me.

Me.I am planning to write up a pattern for a matching set of mittens (I've had it with gloves. Gloves are stupid. Gloves are a waste of time. Gloves are hard.), scarf, and hat.

The scarf is coming along swimmingly. The yarn is Shetland Chunky, and it's squoishy, sproingy, and feels like love on a line.

How appropriate that after wading through negative zero degree temperatures all winter, it's now a balmy 35 degrees outside.

The yarn fates strike again.

7 comments:

Ellen said...

GORGEOUS scarf! I can't wait to see the whole set. I am with ya' there on the gloves vs. mittens -- I only wear mittens. Glad you're making yourself something nice for yourself. ;)

LOVE the new blog look too, btw! Fun.

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

I was also going to make a scarf for myself...then when I found the time to crochet (FINALLY!) the temps got up to almost 70! It's just hard to find the time to do much for myself lately.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I didn't wear a coat today much less a scarf!

yoel said...

Yay for selfish knitting! It's the best because the recipient is always so grateful and excited. :)

Twinmama said...

Love the new look of your blog! Although I have to giggle at the thought of snowflakes...since it was about 68 degrees here today, and only getting warmer for a couple of days.... :)

Wishful Acres Farm said...

Beautiful!

Too Little Time said...

Amazing what a little nice weather can do for an attitude - along with a MATCHING pair of hat, gloves and scarf.... might have to work on such a thing for myself for next year :) K