Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Perspective


As you've probably figured out by now, my son Peter just loves dinosaurs. Well, for that matter he's impressed by anything that snarls and spits (which is why he likes his uncles so much), but dinosaurs are definitely top of his list.
Somewhere he saw the cover to the movie Jurassic Park and begged us to let him watch it.
Peter is 5.

I thought he'd be terrified. Goodness, I was certainly -um- "tense" the first time I watched it.

He loved it. LOVED it.

Of course, as Handyman so aptly put it, "It's just a matter of perspective - Jurassic Park is only scary if you're cheering for the people."

(Here's a video of my own Jurassic animals, complete with snarling, spitting, and ferocious stomping about. No animals were harmed in the process of shooting this film, although Handyman's desk will never be the same.)

Don't forget to pause the music on the left sidebar before playing the video clip.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Of course, as Handyman so aptly put it, "It's just a matter of perspective - Jurassic Park is only scary if you're cheering for the people."

OMG! LOLOLOL!!! That is THE funniest thing I've ever heard in my life!!

Bette Anne said...

That is so true! ;) I never really thought about why it's scary! Too funny!

Ellen said...

Hilarious!! :)

Mary said...

I just love the dinosaur who rides with training wheels. Thanks for the smile today.

Explore-Science-Beyond-the-Classroom said...

I remember that dinosaur costume. I got it for the Petse for Halloween one year - love that picture. Peter keeps looking at you as you are taping to see if he is going to get in trouble for doing something wrong!! He must know its not a good idea to climb all over Daddy's desk:) Smart dino!

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

Caleb says to "HI!" to his cousin, Peta-saurus Rex! :)

I just love the perspective...leave it to Andy to come up with something like that. LOL...Love it.

I was scared out of my mind when I watched Jurassic Park. Those little tiny dinosaurs gave me the creeps. I am not sure which one they were in.