Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby Michelle!


My little niece Michelle turned one year old a few days ago, so I had to blog about her belated birthday gift. My sister requested some hand knit socks for Michelle's fat little tootsies, which is the perfect way to use up some leftover sock yarn.
Knitting socks for babies is always a bit stressful. No matter how hard you try, or how perfect you think the sock will be, they almost never want to stay on.
(If any of you knitters out there have the secret to perfect baby socks, PLEASE feel free to share!)

I have a baby booties pattern that is wonderful for staying on little chubby feet, but Angie wanted socks, so socks she shall get!

I know that these will get there a bit late, but hopefully she'll get lots of use out of them before Michelle grows out of this size!

1 comment:

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

Hi Rach, I LOOOOVE the socks. What a challenge it was to keep Michelle still long enough to snap a few photos of her in them. I was going to post a nice blog on them tonight...but Michelle and time just got away from me. Will have something tomorrow. Thanks so much!!!! I love you for making them. :)