Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thursday and Friday

Not to rub it in, but I have to admit that (other than the fact that my dear Aunt Erna couldn't make the trip), I cannot think of one thing about my Misery in the Mountains trip that could have possibly been better.

For starters, my bus arrived at the airport so early, I was able to get on an earlier flight without having to pay anything extra.  On the plane, despite the fact that I flew standby (because of the earlier flight change), I had two whole seats to myself and my knitting.  (Perhaps a fortunate thing for the poor fellow sitting next to me.  Being too close to a hyper knitter who has an entire weekend of delights ahead of her is a rather dangerous prospect.)

My sister Angie picked me up at the airport, and from there we went out to dinner at a lovely little Italian place where I got some pasta and a glass of Pinot Noir.  My other sister Lynn was able to join us after she got off work, and the hilarity began.


Since it was Veterans' Day, my sister didn't have to work.  In the morning we got in the car and headed to the mall for some intensive shopping.  There were interesting sights along the way.

(Look carefully at the bottom right corner of the truck.  I'm going to be obtuse and assumed he wanted us to flash him with the car lights.)

At the mall Angie was waylaid by a terrorist wielding a curling iron.  Thankfully I was there to rescue her.  (This is mostly due to the fact that I can be rude when necessary.  I had to forcibly pry her from the man's grasp, despite the fact that she kept telling him, "No, I don't like curly hair".)
Thankfully only two strands of awkwardly curled locks were casualties of our encounter.

Our main objective was my Fashion Mecca, the store Anthropologie.

I have a few pieces from Anthropologie that I've purchased online, but this was my first time visiting the store.  It was sensory overload in the best possible way.

I can unashamedly admit that I am an Anthroholic who has fallen (no, jumped with gleeful abandon) off the wagon.


Between Angie and I, we tried on just about everything in the clearance section of the store, but we managed to pry ourselves away from all but two pieces, a lovely sweater and a dress that cost the same as a small mortgage. 

Just kidding.

I think.

Walking through the store and examining all the cool stuff was a treat.  My Mum likes doing wet felting projects, so I took a picture of this hand soap for her in case she needed ideas (for my Christmas present, of course.  Hint hint.)

These cool little felted balls were about the size of ping pongs, and are meant to be attached to presents like a bow.

I was a little worried that Angie would be bored while I went all Anthro-postal on her, but thankfully she seemed to appreciate the store's quirky style as much as I did.  This is a lampshade that she really liked and was thinking about purchasing for her bedroom as an accent piece. 

Ah yes, a very rewarding Friday afternoon!


No comments: