Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Special Afternoon

Along with teaching music lessons, I home school, so it is a very rare occurrence for me to have any time to myself.  You can imagine how delighted I was when my friend Stacey asked if my three kids would like to go to her house for a few hours to play with her kids.  (In my head I was re-enacting my inner high school cheerleader routine complete with pom-poms and irrational glee.)


First, I made sure I was prepared with the necessities for my three (THREE!!!!!!) hours of surviving on my own. 


1) Laptop with downloaded book?  Check. 


2) Knitting?  Check. 


3) Basic sustenance in the form of a pumpkin spice latte and caramel apple pie?  Check.

IMG_4558

Oh the bliss! For several hours I chatted with the other customers of the coffee shop, knit happily away on my project, and read a favorite oldie-but-goodie book on my laptop.  (Yes, I can knit and read, as long as the knitting project is relatively simple.)

IMG_4557

I got to eat lunch at a local restaurant that had just opened up.  It was the sort of place that I would never take my children to.

IMG_4560

Ah, Stacey, thank you for giving me a special afternoon to re-group and re-charge!

1 comment:

TuttleTime said...

I LOVE afternoons like that. Glad you enjoyed it and made all of us feel so jealous when you texted us of your bliss. :) Enjoy!