Monday, May 21, 2012

Sweet Dreams!


I was at JoAnn Fabrics the other day (a dangerous place for me to visit) and I went on a bit of a fabric binge.  I purchased several different prints, but this is the first thing I finished.

It's a typical pillowcase dress but just like the last one I sewed for Miss Boo, I'm going to have her use this as a night gown.  (In my opinion pillowcase dresses look too loose and baggy to make a daytime dress.)  The fabric is as soft as well-worn sheets, so it's perfect for comfy lounging in the summer.


The last time I just made a thin tie from extra binding tape I'd made, but this time I had enough of the contrasting fabric to make a thicker tie, which I like better.


The fabric colors look a little washed out because I took the photos in the bright sunshine, but I like the contrast of the happy yellow and vibrant teal blue.

 



No comments: