Saturday, June 15, 2013

Blessed


Ella and I have been home since late Wednesday night, and things are going very well.  Every day is a little different; she ate well on Thursday, terrible on Friday, and so-so today.

I am constantly amazed and thankful for all the blessings in our lives.  This afternoon, Handyman's brother dropped off bags and bags of groceries and easy lunch meals so that I won't have to wonder what to make for the kids while I'm trying to get Ella's food prepared (there was so much food from them that I had to make a list to keep track of it all!).

Another friend loaned us a comfy high chair because Ella has to spend so much of the day sitting while connected to the feeding tube.

This morning the kids and I went for our first "excursion" with Ella to Aldi, and just when I was starting to run into a bit of trouble with Ella's feeding tube, a couple from church happened to be walking by and were able to lend a hand while I got the situation unkinked.

Friends and family have cared for the kids and helped clean the house (that alone is worthy of an Olympic Medal).


 

My friend Dawn just told me that she's lined up meals for our family for the next two weeks.  Two weeks, people!  Two weeks in which I won't have to prep meals, make grocery lists, and deal with the cleanup afterwards.

Two weeks to spend time cuddling my baby and taking care of her.

Blessed, is what we are.

Very, very blessed.
 

2 comments:

Explore-Science-Beyond-the-Classroom said...

Rachel,
Nothing makes a parent feel better than to know their kids are safe under God's protection, love, and guidance. Thanks for sharing how He is taking care of all of you. ��

32  “And now, lO sons, listen to me:
mblessed are those who keep my ways.
33  nHear instruction and be wise,
and do not neglect it.
34  oBlessed is the one who listens to me,
watching daily at my gates,
waiting beside my doors.
35  For pwhoever finds me qfinds life
and robtains favor from The Lord

Anonymous said...

I hope things will continue on a positive path for Ella and you. Still praying for all! Maggie