Monday, October 28, 2013

Gloves and other Necessities

Our local yarn store (Wall of Yarn - go visit!) has just become a distributor for a fantastic yarn company from Norway.  The yarn is Rauma, and I have to admit, at first, I was pretty skeptical about this stuff.

I don't like scratchy wools, and my kids are hyper-sensitive to it as well.  (I never ever want to hear "Mom, do I have to wear that knitted sweater, it itches!" again.)

Anyway, I decided to trust the wisdom of my local yarn gurus, and I picked out some yarn to knit a fair isle glove pattern from Vogue.

I'm so glad I did!  For some reason, the yarn doesn't feel scratchy on my hands at all.  What I like even more is the "heft" and thickness of the finished gloves.  Always before I've knitted gloves out of Merino or acrylic yarns, and although they're soft, they're a bit floppy.  These gloves, however, have wonderful structure and amazingly warm. 

In the cold weather we have up here, super warm gloves are a necessity.

Along with chocolate and wine.


1 comment:

Explore-Science-Beyond-the-Classroom said...

I want those sheep that knit those gloves!! Smart aren't they!