Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Two Aunties Come to Visit

Okay, first I have to explain the title. Last weekend my sister Lynn and her boyfriend flew up to visit us for Labor Day weekend. For some reason, my daughter Miss Boo couldn't seem to get the names "Auntie Lynn" and "Chris" straight, and kept referring to the two of them as "Auntie Lynn and Auntie Chris". I found this especially hilarious, as Chris is very tall (as tall as Handyman, and he's 6'2"), very buff (not quite as much as Handyman, but then, who is? I'm sure Lynn will disagree with me on this), and definitely a - well - how else to say this, but a guy. I suppose the naming of Chris "Auntie" can be compared to calling the Jolly Green Giant "Mrs." It's just funny.Poor Chris. It's a mark of affection in our family when we start making fun of you. Handyman is already used to the abuse. My sister Lynn made sure he felt very loved. See the respect she pays him? Yup, he feels quite comfortable with us.Miss Boo made sure to ask her Auntie Lynn for Diva advice. Auntie Lynn is the acknowledged Diva in the family, so Auntie and niece got along famously. Divas, of course, must have pink toenails. Or fire engine red. Oh my goodness, a picture of Peter and Banna hugging! How did that get in here? I'm sure it must be photoshopped . . .While the two Aunties were here, our little town had a very nice Arts and Crafts festival. Lynn and I enjoyed looking at all the bling-bling jewelry, although neither of us bought anything. Our sister Angie makes much better stuff.Bye-bye Auntie Lynn and Auntie Chris! We had a fabulous time together!

(Here's a slide show of more pictures of our visit)

6 comments:

Kit-bert: "semi" eevil HR Director said...

AUNTIE CHRISSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

LOLOLOL...I still laugh so hard when I think about Miss Boo hollering out to Auntie Chris whilst sitting on her "throne"....

I had such an awesome time and Chris really enjoyed meeting all of you! Thanks again for the birthday dinner/drinks AND for my awesome birthday ice cream cake!! (YUM)

I cannot wait to see you all for the holidays! XOXO

Explore-Science-Beyond-the-Classroom said...

Auntie Chris!!! He will never live this down poor guy. Looks like a great weekend. Rest up now. November is coming!

Love,
Mom

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

What a great nickname...Auntie Chris! ;) Funny.

I couldn't help but notice the big, kissable cheekies on baby Gaby!

havephun said...

hey, stopped to check in on the happenings back home. I like the new look on the blog! - ml

Danielle said...

That's really cute ;) We love to tease and have millions of nicknames in our family too.

Your blog looks beautiful btw :)

hakucho said...

The two aunties..that's sooo funny :) but cute :)

Glad you all had a nice time together!

Gabe is getting so big....