Sunday, November 19, 2006

My Plug for Homeopathy

Okay, I know I've mentioned in passing that I'm taking a homeopathic remedy, and I've had lots of people question what I'm taking, and what homeopathy is.

"Homeopathy is a two-hundred-year-old medical system you can use at home to help treat family members with a wide spectrum of acute health problems. It offers a way to gently stimulate your inner healing resources through recognizing and reinforcing the adaptive reactions of the body's natural defenses. By choosing the correct, individually suited homeopathic medicine from the plant, mineral, animal, or chemical kingdom, you can successfully stimulate the body's own defenses. The best reason to use homeopathic medicines in self-care is that they work. When the medicines are prescribed correctly, they act rapidly, deeply, and curatively, stimulating the body's defenses rather than simply suppressing symptoms. Homeopathy works with the body, not on it." (taken from Everybody's Guide to Homeopathy by Stephen Cummings, M.D., and Dana Ullman, M.P.H.)

If you're interested in finding a homeopath in your area, I'd suggested checking out the National Center for Homeopathy. Also, the book mentioned in the previous chapter is very user-friendly. You could probably find it at your local library, or through inter-library loan.

So, unfortunately, you most likely won't benefit from taking my remedy (which is phos. acid), because a homeopathic remedy has to be suited to the individual.

As a personal note, I'd like to say that homeopathy has cured my life-long struggle with excema, has drastically reduced the number of migraines I get, and has helped me keep my kitchen clean. (The last is a joke, because when I'm on homeopathy, I feel so energized, but when I'm not taking a remedy, I can't even find the energy to clean the kitchen counters).

And, since this blog is primarily about knitting, I would like to say that feeling great and having a clean kitchen leaves me with more time to knit!

No comments: