Saturday, November 18, 2006

I Think I Need Another Dose . . .

I'm feeling quite "blah" today. I think I need to take another dose of my remedy, because my energy is so lousy, and my house is slowly deteriorating into a disaster area. Oh well.

I was able to complete another Coronet Hat, this time in a solid orange. I finished it, and then realized that it was way too small, so I had to frog the last 15 rows and knit up some more, then finish it again. At least it's done! Now I have to knit another one for Andy with Bronco's colors. (Ignore the yicky picture of me. I look terrible, don't I! I think I need a nap . . .)

Peter was delighted to discover that we have three large frogs living in our pond in the back yard. I don't know where they came from, but they seem to get along fine with the koi.

Yesterday, I took the kids to see their cousins at Rachel Leverton's house. Peter has so much fun playing with his cousin Mariah, although he had a little difficulty sharing her toys. Mahaela (all the way in the back) is a great little "babysitter", and loves playing with baby Banna.

They were so worn out from playing with their cousins, that they both fell asleep in the car. Don't they look angelic when they're sleeping? I wish they'd sleep more . . . !
Then, last night, we took the kids to the little town of Shannon, which is about half an hour's drive south from Freeport. The fire department there had an early Christmas show, with Santa Claus and his reindeer making an appearance. I think Peter liked climbing on the fire trucks the best, though.Of course, after all the excitement yesterday, perhaps all I need is a long nap!

No comments: