Friday, December 15, 2006

I've Been Tagged

Hmmm. . . . that's the bad thing about reading other people's blogs; you know when they're talking about you!

I was reading Lucinda's blog, and I noticed that I was tagged to write "six quirky things about myself". Then I have to tag six more bloggers. (Let me apologize in advance for those of you who have been tagged. I've always been a very slow runner, so it's a welcome change to be able to finally "tag" someone, even if it's via blogging!) Now I just have to narrow my quirky-ness down to six things . . . . .

1. From August to May I can't feel my toes. I have very poor circulation, so even slightly cold weather affects me. (Or, perhaps my feet rebel against wearing socks that aren't hand-knitted).

2. Every illustration I use has something to do with food. My music students are well-aquainted with this odd facet of my teaching.

3. I can't stand it when people wear their shoes in my house. It annoys me unbearably.

4. I have a superpower. I really do! I have super-concentration. My husband swears that when I am reading, a murder can be committed right in front of me and I won't even notice. I'm not so sure about that, but I do know that, once, I finished reading a book and looked up to see a squirrel sitting at my elbow. (When I was a kid, my favorite place to read was up a tree). Apparently I was up there so long, the squirrel assumed I was part of the tree (or perhaps the erudite creature just wanted to know what the story was about.)

5. I occasionally sing in my sleep. I wasn't aware of this until I was married. Our first year of marriage, I was a music major at North Greenville University, and I often practiced foreign language songs before bedtime. Imagine my surprise, when I was rudely awoken later with an elbow in my ribs, and Andy saying, "Wake up! You're singing in tongues!".

6. I just love plastic bins, and anything else to do with organization. Organizing is one of my favorite things to do. However, let me set you straight. I do not have a spotless house. My problem is that I organize things that I really should just chuck out in the first place.

Okay, that's all the weird things I could come up with. I'm sure I will be deluged with emails or comments telling me a few more that I've missed . . . .

Oh yes, I have to tag six more people. Hmmm. Well, here are those people! Barb, Ali, Angie, Ellen, Danielle, and the Coverstones. If you are too busy because of knitting or just holiday madness, feel free to ignore this.

No comments: