Monday, February 12, 2007

What a Day!

Oh my goodness, I am SOOOO glad this day is almost over! I don't mean to say that this has been a bad day, just an extremely busy one.

This morning I woke up early because I start teaching at 8:15. I teach three sisters, and one plays violin, one plays the viola, and the other plays cello. I always laugh at their cute house slippers they bring (I'm a cruel teacher, and don't allow students to wear shoes on my nice floors).

I have a few hours break, and then I teach from 3:00 till 6:00. Usually I put Peter down for a nap before the students come, but today I let him stay up a while.

BIG MISTAKE. He was very fussy and whiny. I'm so embarrassed when the kids are fussy, because it's so unprofessional. I figure that if the students are paying me for lessons, then they should get my full attention. However, sometimes there are just "those days". Thankfully, all of my students are very sweet, and don't seem to mind if the kids are occasionally distracting.

Breanna was pretty good, thankfully, although she did decide to have an enormously smelly . . . . . during the middle of a lesson. Let's just say it was too toxic to ignore, and had to be dealt with right away!

One of my students was so sweet to give me a Valentines card she had made herself. Even though I am tired and very ready to be done teaching this evening, I still feel so blessed to be able to teach music.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That does sound like a crazy day! Those little ones know how to manipulate us in a moment of weakness and we cave! :)
Sorry about your teapot and watch out for the icicles!