Thursday, March 22, 2007

Shopping at "G. W. Fashions"

Today our local Goodwill had a sale on clothes, and marked all clothing $1. Of course, I couldn't resist, so with kids in tow, we headed to "G. W. Fashions".

I really hit the jackpot. I got a ton of clothes for myself and the kids, and some extra stuff too! For instance, I found this Kona Wood frame for $6. If you don't already know, Kona Wood only comes from Hawaii, and is very valuable. I love how nicely it sets off this beautiful watercolor painted by my oh-so-talented Uncle Gary! (Thanks, Gary!).

This suede cropped jacket that is so perfectly fitted it could have been tailor-made for me. Tres Chic! Of course, I usually stay away from suede, because it's so expensive to clean, but for a $1, if Breanna puts some snotty nose on it, it doesn't really matter!

This is a Crazy Horse Liz Claiborne sweater with some really cool detailing, which I couldn't seem to capture on camera.

This sweater is a St. John's Bay article, and the fabric is really soft. I almost got it to recycle the yarn, but I think I'll just keep it as it is.

However, I did purchase this sweater with a mind to recycle it. It's about sock weight yarn, I think, and is 100% cotton. It's also machine washable, which I think is a must for socks. (Who in their right mind has time to hand wash socks????) I saw the most interesting article in the newest Knitty issue about hand dyed yarns, and I'm going to try it with this sweater yarn. I'm hoping I'll get lots of socks from this sweater, (which is a Gap sweater, by the way).

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

Your pictures aren't working. I love the Goodwill too. Although ours is a Salvation Army. I've gotten sweaters and scarves just for the yarn too.

Happy Birthday! That teapot is gorgeous! A beautiful and thoughtful (if funny) gift.

Oh, I adore your header. So gorgeous.

Danielle said...

I can't look at your pictures, so I'll just have to take your word for it! Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a nice one.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel-
I am your ISE4 partner and sent you an email but got no response.Could you send me an email to red_room_poetry@hotmail.com so I can get a good address on you?Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel-
I am your ISE4 partner and sent you an email but got no response.Could you send me an email to red_room_poetry@hotmail.com so I can get a good address on you?Thanks!

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

I love it...GW Fashions. There are some great areas around here, where GW has top of the line stuff. If I had enough time to rummage, I'd love to go...I really like looking for beads and interesting things. Mike has purchased a couple of suits and brags about his $5 shoes ALL the time. Ha! For some reason, your pics didn't come up, though. I would have loved to see the finds! :) Love, Angie