Monday, July 2, 2007

Two Disparate Things

Every other Tuesday night I go to my friend Lynn's house to scrapbook. Lynn's a Creative Memories consultant, so she's good at inspiring me to keep up with my pictures. (She's also a great knitter who needs her own blog, hee hee!) Anyway, I would like to announce that (drums and trumpets, here) . . . .

I HAVE FINISHED LAST YEAR'S SCRAPBOOK ALBUM!!!!

Now I just have to start my album for this year. Andy gave me a wonderful digital camera for my Mother's Day present, so I'm taking LOTS more pictures than I ever have before. I'm afraid this year's album will be very thick! Lynn's been trying to convince me to use Creative Memories layout paper stuff, and I think I'm weakening. I've never been a fan of CM's papers before, but their latest papers are just GORGEOUS! They have beautiful Christian inspiration papers and lovely antique looking stuff, which is right up my alley. Oh dear, looks like I'll have to budget my yarn purchases *sob* so I can buy more paper.

On another note, we have another resident in our pond. (Yes, I realize that this is a rather abrupt change in conversation. No, Lynn and the frog have nothing in common, except that they've both appeared on my blog.) This is Freddie the Frog. We name everything in our house, and Freddie is no exception. The kids love how he sings to them every night. He makes this sort of trilling R sound as a croak, which is quite pretty, actually. The kids loved it when he sang goodnight to them one evening. (Actually, I have to confess that I matched my pitch to the frog's, and trilled "Goodniiiiiight, Peterrrrrrr; Goodniiiiiight Bannnnnnna" under their bedroom window. The things we mothers will do for our kids!

5 comments:

JKJJL said...

Hey Rachel,
How cool that you're able to go to Lynn's place to keep caught up! I think that's great. Scrapbooking should NOT be stressful. : )
I'm just about ready to get back into card-making again. Yay!
I did not know that you have a bunny (haven't been able to get on much lately) or that said bunny was missing, but I'm very glad the alleged bunny has returned!
I know how sad I get when my cat goes wandering so I understand how sad you felt when you thought aforementioned bunny was in peril.
Pretty yarn.
Oh and I LOVE your little sign on the left about knitting so you don't kill people. That's really funny!

Anonymous said...

I think you should have made the pict of the frog bigger and me smaller! haha! I love how I have to share a post with a frog...very fitting for some reason. :P

Thank you for including me...once again. I'm placing an order...need anything? heehee!

Diane said...

hahaha Rachel the frog mom.

Brenda said...

Congratulations on getting last year's scrapbook album done!

I love the frog story! You're a good mom.

Have a happy Fourth of July!

Ellen said...

Yahoo! Congrats on finishing your scrapbook! How very fortunate to have a friend close by with supplies, fellowship, and inspiration! :)