Thursday, August 30, 2007

Biker Babes

On Wednesdays I usually don't have to teach music lessons, so I try to do something extra fun with the kids (no, of course I don't try to get caught up on housework. Don't even mention the awful word!)

Yesterday I took the kids biking downtown, and we had a great time. I haven't ever done it before, because I was unsure if I'd be able to do it. It's only 2 miles to downtown, but having to pull 60 pounds of kids is not the easiest thing to deal with! Thankfully, the way downtown has a lot of "down hills" (huh, pun there). That way I'm not sweating too badly when I get there. On the way back, though . . . . ACK! 60 pounds can feel like 100 in the heat and on a hill!

The first place we visited, of course, is our favorite restaurant, Amigos. Andres makes us the best breakfasts, and the kids have fun talking to Theresa, the waitress.

Breanna especially likes the Mickey Mouse Pancakes with whipped cream and cherries. She does enjoy her food, that little biker babe!

After that, we went to the library for about an hour-and-a-half (the librarian was laughing at me for checking out yet another knitting book, hee hee!). Our library has a little nook with toys, so kids can play and be a (little) noisy, if they need to.

For our final treat, we stopped at Alber's Ice Cream Parlor to get some of the best ice cream in the country. It's an old-fashioned ice cream parlor, and the kids each got a cup of ice cream for only $1.25. (I'm not a huge fan of ice cream, so I passed).

What a fun day. Whew, rather tiring, too! Perhaps next time I'll hook the kids up to the front, and make them pull me! The seem to have enough energy!

No comments: