Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Saving Money

I just love getting stuff in the mail. First, I got some absolutely gorgeous Blue Moon sock yarn from my Yarn Fairy Godmother. I decided to choose the Nodding Violets colorway, because I did really like it, and it's not like any sock yarn I can get around here. The only sad thing about it is that I've promised myself that I'm only going to work on Christmas projects from now on, so I can't get to this luscious stuff right away (and no, I will NOT be using this yarn as a gift for anyone. It's mine. Mine, mine mine, all mine, hee hee hee!)Right now we're down to one vehicle, and I've actually been fine with that, because I figured it'd cut down on extemporaneous expenses (hmmm, that's fun to say; extemporaneous expenses . . . anyway . . . . where was I? Oh yes . . .) However, Knitpicks is selling their books for 40% off, and I just happened to meander over there, and, well, I fell to temptation.

What? I can see the look on your face through my two-way computer. I just had to get a certain amount of books so that I could get the free shipping! So I actually saved money. I think. Oh well. Pooh.

I don't like to get books unless I've perused them first, and this is one that I just checked out from the library. Usually, I'd just leave it at that, but I realized that there were so many patterns in the book that I'd want to knit, it would be too much trouble to have the book that long and rack up all those library fines (see, I'm saving money again!)I especially liked this design from the book:And, of course, I want to knit EVERYTHING in this book . . . .I just love stitch dictionaries of every sort, and this book is hugely thick. Plus, I have ulterior motives for this . . .I also picked up this. A friend had this book, and I liked the patterns so much, I just couldn't resist. I've always been a sucker for cables. Isn't this one nice? (The sweater, I mean).Although, I think I'll knit this one first as a Christmas gift for - - - -. I've already got the yarn in my stash, so it'll make this book purchase "acceptable".I just love getting stuff in the mail. It's like Christmas! However, I still haven't received my order for the Bee Shawl, and I'm starting to get a little irked. I know knitter's are supposed to have tons of patience, but really, it's been almost a month! Grrr, just when I get it, I'll have to put it aside for Christmas knitting. Oh well.

7 comments:

Ellen said...

I absolutely LOVE the purple turtleneck sweater!! Gorgeous. -I can't wait to see the pics from when you try the pattern out. -Sometimes you just need a good splurge... hope you enjoy all the books!! :)

Kit-bert: "semi" eevil HR Director said...

LOL...too funny - Rach, you and I are so much alike when it comes to sense of humor....here is my interpretation of my response as I'm reading your blog: (my thoughts as I'm reading your blog will be in "quotes")

"mine mine mine, ha she's funny"..."free shipping rocks"..."I like that sweater pattern"..."cool color"..."knit knit, crochet, sheesh, I can't even thread a needle"....(keep scrolling down the blog...and "oooooh nice guy"...LOL

and then I see your comment about "isn't this nice (the sweater I mean)" LOL heheee, we're Kahues, we can't help ourselves, we like nice things to look at :)

LaVerna said...

glad you like the STR.You won't be able to resist it though.Every time you walk by it calls out "Rachel knit some socks" I swear it does... I am such a bad influence on you aren't I? hehehehe

Danielle said...

Wow, loooove all those sweaters. I know you've influenced me to start knitting more of them for sure ;) Lots and lots of wonderful books there, hope I didn't have anything to do with that one ;)

I love the sock yarn you chose btw.

Hmmmmmm, you have a two way computer screen you say.....better not pick my nose when I'm online anymore!

Diane said...

Great choice of yarn .... but then they were all so pretty you couldn't have made a bad choice.

I'd be a little irked after waiting a month too.

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

You crack me up...I love the men's pattern...does it come with the guy? Ha! ;o)

Violiknit said...

Nice STR and nice book haul! I totally did some damage shopping the book sale at knitpicks too...