Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Rustic Shawl - Done!

I am keeping to my "let the wrist rest" pledge, and haven't even picked up a knitting needle. However, I never said that I would stay away from all needles in general.

Awhile ago (actually I think it was way back in the spring!), I started a shawl as a Christmas present for - - - - -. It's just a simple garter stitch shawl knitted from "Grandma's Favorite Dishcloth" pattern and made larger. The yarn is some handspun stuff gifted to me by my Oma, and I'm almost certain it's 100% wool.

It's such a lovely, rustic sort of yarn, that I thought simple garter stitch would really be the best stitch pattern to use. I have a tendency (okay, okay, we'll leave it at overwhelming urge) to embellish things, but I'm happy to say that in this case, embellishments were limited to some beautiful wooden beads.

So, what about the wrist resting part? Well, I had finished the shawl back in the spring, but I'd only gotten halfway through stringing the beads when it was cast aside for more exciting projects. No knitting, just stringing beads. Promise.

The Rustic Shawl is now done and completed, and ready to go in the growing pile of "Christmas gifts" stash (Hmmm, I'm noticing that as my Christmas pile is growing, my stash pile is diminishing. That's a good thing, because I'm REALLY hinting for yarn money from family . . . . hint hint . . . . I know, I'm awful . . . .!)

No comments: