Wednesday, September 5, 2007

HEEEEEELP!

I've been staying true to my "wrist resting" pledge, and have been assiduously avoiding any knitting (I'm going insane, I think . . .) However, looking at knitting is not harmful to my aching wrists, although it is rather precarious for my wallet.

Okay, here's my dilemma. I've had my eye on the gorgeous Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts for awhile, and I just ran across sale yarn at JoAnn Fabrics - sale yarn *sob*!

It's 100% Merino Wool in a yummy shade of sherbet orange that screams to be knitted into this sweater. So what's my dilemma? I only have 928 yards of the stuff, and the pattern calls for exactly 1,000 yards. The store doesn't have any more, either.

Any ideas? There was one skein of the same stuff in white, so perhaps I could finally take the plunge into stranded knitting and do some sort of pattern (not really liking the idea, though).

Do you think I've got enough yarn to just knit and hope?

*Sigh* I suppose I could return it, but I love it, I really do! And it was on sale (whine, whine).

Hmmm, a friend and I are going to Rockford tomorrow, and maybe there's a slight chance that I can convince her to run to Joann's with me . . . . Perhaps the Rockford Joann's will have a few more balls left . . . Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments: