Monday, January 7, 2008

Sleeping Late

I got a bit of a late start this morning, because I was lazy and slept in till 9:00. Of course, whenever I indulge in such acts, afterwards I wonder at the wisdom of my decision. Not only am I behind on my already busy enough day, but the kids have been even busier . . . .

Let's just say that I had no idea there was that much junk under my bed. Now, I know exactly how much junk was under my bed, because thanks to the kids, it's no longer there. It's now spread all over the floor.

Ah well! On a happier note, I have some knitting pictures! One of the 57 of my New Year's resolutions is to knit less this year. I really am trying to keep to that. I am. Please believe me?

These are socks (Trekking XXL) that I knit when I was in the Sunny South. See, they don't count towards my resolution list, because they were finished before New Years. Ha! (I shoulda been a lawyer . . .)

This is another pair of Trekking XXL in a very funky colorway. I have no idea what it's called, so don't ask. I've heard before from other wise knitters that's it's impossible to get Trekking's colors to match up for two socks, but being the diligent (i.e. stubborn) person that I am, I had to at least try to get them to match. After unwinding nearly the entire skein, I sadly realized that it wasn't going to work. Alas, truly funky mis-matched socks a la Dobby!

Hmmm, this is a very disjointed post, isn't it? Well, I guess it suits my day, because the bad thing about waking up late is that the rest of the day feels like catch-up (hee hee, and ketchup! Get it? Get it? Sigh . . . . onward).

I finally got around to bottling the wine from last year's grape harvest. For some odd reason, the urge to bottle it hit me at 10:30 at night, most likely due to the can of Coke that I drank for dinner. May I just say that caffeine has dangerous affects on me? Finally, at 2:00 in the morning, I finished bottling the wine.

"What?" you gasp? "Why did it take so long?".

90 bottles of wine takes awhile.

And no, that has nothing to do with why I slept in this morning.

Like the labels? Every year I try to design a new label. I don't know why I bother, because theoretically it's to keep the different years separate, but we never seem to have any leftover wine by the time the next year rolls around. I have my suspicions that this is due to a certain member of my family who visits occasionally and depletes my wine stores by the gallon . . . . but I won't name names. Nope. The guilty party will know who they are . . . .

No comments: