Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Bompy!

My dad celebrated his 60th birthday this December, and although we weren't able to get together on the exact day, we were able to congregate in true chaotic Kahue fashion a few days later.

Dad was in the mood for some Japanese cuisine, so the brood followed along, and we had a fabulous time. (That's me and Handyman and my Oma and Opa. It's a good thing my Oma is much older, because I think Handyman likes flirting with her!)

Our chef was really funny, and he did some neat stuff for Dad's birthday, like making a "rice cake". He even pretended to spray Dad and my brother Joshy with ketchup (from a fake ketchup bottle)!

This is a Christmas tree made from rice. Pretty nifty, huh?

Here's the cake that Angie picked out for Dad. I think the decorator did a fabulous job. Handyman was impressed that she got the correct number of strings on the Ukelele. (By the way, did you know that tuning a Uke requires you to sing "My Dog Has Fleas"? It's true!)

From left to right: brother Nathan, Mum, Dad, sisters Lynn and Angie, and Angie's hubby Mike (a.k.a. Elmer Fudd, hee hee!)

Oooooo, the food was delicious. I got the Teriyaki chicken and steak combo, although, technically, all I got was the chicken, as Handyman ate all my steak (as well as his own!).

The two other people that I didn't get in my earlier photo shot was my Auntie Erna and my nephew Caleb (Angie's son).

This is one of my favorite photos of the trip, though. Banna-boo, as only she could say, handed Bompy her dolly and said, "Look, Bompy, just like you!

No comments: