Thursday, January 3, 2008

Oh, Brother!

Sorry for the horrible pun in the title, but I couldn't resist. Since I last posted about my two older sisters, I figured I had to spotlight my two younger brothers, Josh and Nathan.

Josh is three years younger than I am, and is almost finished with college, and Nathan is a Sophomore in high school. There's a pretty big age gap between us siblings, but I want to keep family relations cordial, so we won't go into specific ages . . . .

Josh looks much more Hawaiian than I do, doesn't he? We often tease him that he certainly has the Hawaiian "blah-lah" spirit! He enjoys life more than anyone I know, and it's always a lot of fun to hang around him.

He even took me out to a FANTASTIC Thai restaurant while I was in the Sunny South. (Oh dear, shouldn't have brought up the Thai food - now I'm craving it again.) My particular region of the Frigid North has no ethnic food (For instance, they consider putting black pepper on potatoes "extreme" and "daring"), so I ate as much Thai and Indian as my poor belly could hold. Ha ha, no wonder the baby seems to be belly dancing in my tummy! (Hmmm, it occurs to me that I take a lot of pictures of food. I must get my priorities straight and take more pictures of knitting . . .)

For Christmas I made him a sweater that I designed especially for him. (Oops, I never put the pattern up on my design blog. I need to do that. New Years' resolution #55. . .). Anyway, he looked quite dashing in his sweater, and hopefully he'll wear it. He's going skiing this weekend, and I'm crossing my fingers that he brought this sweater to wear around the slopes.

Nathan takes after the Dutch side of the family. The kids had so much fun playing with his gear in his room. I think Breanna considered his drum set as her personal "Mount Everest". Poor Nathan was pretty patient with them! I made Nathan a Koolhaas hat for Christmas, and I think he liked it. He wears beanies a lot, so hopefully it'll get some use!

No comments: