Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Swimming Along

I finished tying Peter's quilt together this morning, and now it's ready for use! Peter just loves it, and calls it his "Squishy Fishy Quilt". The "squishy" adjective comes from the thick batting I used (at least, I hope that's why he calls it "squishy" . . .). On the whole, I'm pleased with how it came out, especially as I just sort of threw the whole thing together without a pattern.

Before you give me any glowing comments of "wow, you did that without a pattern?" (hee hee, I'm assuming a lot there, aren't I?), let me just add a disclaimer; one bad thing about winging a quilt, is that after it's done, and you look at it with a jaundiced eye, you realize, "Hmmm, I don't like how much brown I used there". This is especially apparent as lack of fabric forced me to use a smaller width of brown on the pillow shams, and I found that I liked the result MUCH better. *Sigh*. I suppose it's too late to change the entire quilt, huh?

Banna-Boo's quilt top is finished, and now I just need to run to JoAnn's to get some more cording so that I can sew the back and front together. I really am sick of having to run to JoAnn's for one little thing at a time . . . (another result of "winging it").

It's a bit hard to tell, but there's three different squares going on here: floral, eyelet, and very pale pink.

So, how soon till her quilt is finished? I'm not sure, to tell you the truth. Right now my back is just KILLING me from three prolonged days spent hunched over a sewing machine, and I'm feeling a lazy spell come on. My usually clean house is starting to slowly deteriorate, but I have determined that cleaning up anything below waist level is so not worth the effort of bending.

Hmmm, I think a nice hot cup of chocolate and a Ferrero Rocher is in order . . .

(So what if that's a lot of chocolate? One's for me, and the other is for the baby!)

No comments: