Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Busy, Busy . . .

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I have three more posts with pictures ready to go, but I just haven't had the time (or energy) to type them up and press "saved".

This morning I'm keeping it to the bare minimum, as I think I'm coming down with something, (is it normal for your head to be the size of a pumpkin and for pumpkin-like substances to ooze out every two minutes?), my family is visiting from the Sunny South (hooray!), and I have to drop Peter off at Vacation Bible School in fifteen minutes (and I'm still not dressed. I suppose it wouldn't be kind to traumatize fifty little kids with my current state of frizzy hair . . .?)

I finished my Mum's socks in time to give them to her when she got here. They're a "Thank-you-taking-care-of-me-and-Gabe" present.

Otherwise I'd never give them away. They're my favorite socks I've ever knitted. I have suspicions that my Mum knew I was coveting her socks, because within an hour of arriving, she casually mentioned them.

Gabe is looking a little better, I think. It's very time-consuming feeding him, since I have to pump and then feed him from the bottle. He's a nibbler, too, so it takes him forever to finish his bottle.

Okay, I'm determined not to be depressed today. Sure, I'm sleep deprived and I can't breathe through my nose, but I have lots to be thankful for! Baby Gabe is looking better and I have my lovely family here!

No comments: