Friday, June 6, 2008

What We've Been Up To

It occurs to me that I've been asked a lot of questions lately in the comments section, so I'll attempt to answer the three most frequent ones in this post.

Question #1: "How do you get so much knitting done".
Answer: I lock the kids in the basement and make myself a cup of tea and knit for three hours straight.

Not really, but it's a very tempting thought. Of course, the only reason why I don't do that is because Andy stores his Ebay stuff in the basement, and he'd be very upset with me.

No, seriously, I confess I'm a fast knitter (this is because I knit Continental style), and since I can nurse and knit at the same time due to a fat fluffy pillow under the arms, I'm getting lots of extra knitting time in.

Question #2: "How do you look so good after just having a baby?"

Answer: Awwww, that's so sweet! This is due to only taking my photograph when I'm completely fixed up, and heavy editing of the photograph. I've noticed, though, that only my blog friends have asked me this question - friends who don't see me in person. My husband, for instance, has never asked me that.

Question #3: "What have you been up to?"
Answer: Well, other than knitting, I've been trying to catch up on some desperately needed yard work. Every morning the kids and I have been working outside in the flower beds for an hour or so. We still have a LOT more work to do before things look habitable for mosquitoes (right now even they turn up their noses at our yard), but the kids seem to enjoy getting dirty.

My Mum always says that kids need a daily dose of dirt for optimum healthiness. (Oh, btw, you should check out her blog sometime - it's really good!)

My kids must be the healthiest kids on the planet. Please notice the layers of dirt encrusted on my daughter. It took a good 30 minutes of marinating in the bathtub before any of it started to cake off. Have I grossed you out, yet?

Here's Peter, who wasn't any cleaner. He's not feeling well today, unfortunately. I hope he's completely back to normal by tonight, because he's got a birthday party to go to tomorrow, and he'll be devastated if he can't go.

My I refer you back to Question #2? Notice there's no picture of me at this point. Like I've said before, this is a family-friendly blog, and I feel that posting a picture of myself after doing yard work would traumatize your cataracts. Even photo shop couldn't change that.

And just one more picture before I go . . . . Can we all say, "Awwwwwwww" together?

No comments: