Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blue and Blue

I seem to love knitting with the color blue. It's so peaceful and relaxing, and when a woman has three kids underfoot at all hours of the day, peaceful and relaxing is of monumental importance.

MONUMENTAL.

Thankfully, Something Blue resurfaced after much worrying and stressful searching. (I have suspicions that this Blue Diva decided to follow the mantra, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder . . . "). Since taking this photo I've finished the ribbing on the bottom and the second sleeve. Now all that's left is the collar ribbing and the button - my favorite part!

Hmmm, it's occurred to me that I'm starting to refer to my knitting projects as though they have actual personalities.

I need to see a psychiatrist.

Actually, I just need to see people. People who are above three feet tall. (Handyman doesn't count as "people", because his male nature is incapable of staying awake while discussing the finer points of knitting . . .)


I promised my Mum and Aunt that I'd knit them each a pair of socks as a "thank you for taking care of me" gift, and here's the first sock for my Mum. Please ignore the bag of diapers in the background - diapers are starting to take over my life.

It's really too bad that I've been nagging my Mum about checking my blog, because now there's no ethical way I can keep these socks. (Well, ethics have nothing to do with it - now she knows, so I can't sneak it past her!) The yarn (Knitpicks Memories) is so smooshy soft, and I just LOVE the pattern, the Monkey Socks from Knitty.

I can't believe I've never knit this pattern before! I assumed it'd be complicated (it's not) and that it wouldn't work well with a variegated yarn (it does).

Huh, that just goes to show that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Oh, you already knew that, did you?

No comments: