Friday, August 15, 2008

Starting School

Sorry it's been a few days since I've last blogged. (Did anyone notice, ha ha?). I couldn't find my camera, but on Thursday I finally discovered it hiding out in the bottom of my diaper bag. Well, not my diaper bag, but the bag that holds Gabe's diapers. I don't wear diapers. Yet.

This is our third week of home school, and my first "official" teaching of my children. I tried starting Peter on K4 last year, but he just wasn't ready so we decided to put it on hold until this year. He won't be five until late November, so I wasn't too concerned.

This is a short video I took of Peter coloring. It's so funny to watch his tongue move in time with his crayon, ha ha! It must be a little boy thing to concentrate with the tongue hanging out. (Hmmm, I wonder if men really are like dogs, hee hee!)



I'm so proud of my little guy! He knows his entire alphabet and the sounds each letter makes, can count to 10, and has a rudimentary understanding of mathematics. The mathematical part is mostly because he's learned that if: he has two cookies and Miss Boo steals one, than now he has only one cookie.

I always had a flair for word problems.

Miss Boo is working on her coloring skills and learning colors and shapes. Since Peter takes up most of my attention, she doesn't get as much one-on-one training.

Perhaps this is why she has occasionally resorted to coloring on the walls. If she could spell, she'd have written, "Mommy, pay attention to me!"

In pink crayon, of course.

No comments: