Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Not Much and Somewhat Morbid

Hopefully in a day or so I'll have some more crafting stuff to show you, but for now, all I've got is a bit of bathroom fixin's. Riveting stuff, I know.

Ah well, I'm not feeling so great right now (for you moms just think nursing + plugged, and you'll get it - can we all groan and say "ouch" in sympathy together?), so this is the best I could come up with.

So anyway, we're in the process of renovating our house (a ten-year process, I think), and I've been reluctant to do anything about the bathroom in the vain hope that it will someday be done and my time will have been wasted. Finally, though, I just couldn't take looking at this any longer. It's our kitchen sink sans a cabinet. Handyman keeps telling me that he'll get to the bathroom "soon" and that we'll install a cabinet, but as "soon" is rather relative, I decided to do what I could to improve matters.

Not fancy-shmancy, I know, but it works for me. It covers up the blue (everything else in our bathroom is off-white and green) legs, as well as hiding the heater and the trash can. I just got some lacy-fabricy-stuff (I'm sure the correct name will come to me, but I've got a fever right now and names elude me like a clean house . . .) and sewed a 1 1/2 inch hem, and then threaded some elastic through it. To affix it to the sink, I got about an 1/8 of a yard of self-sticking velcro and put two inches of the stuff here and there along the top inner edge.

Here are some pictures I took the other day of my Worthless Cat, Rhapsody. Don't act all shocked, she really is worthless as a pet. It's rather like having a fluffy plant around all day. She doesn't jump into your lap and gets grouchy if you try to pet her too much. Like I said, worthless.

She's also worthless when it comes to rodent control. She is declawed in the front, but I've had declawed cats before that could catch mice. Every fall when the mice start invading our house, I wonder what that Worthless Cat could be doing. Perhaps making a pact with them. It's just like her.

So, the other day when I saw her out back carrying something in her mouth, I thought that perhaps she had turned over a new leaf and decided to start earning her keep.

Nope. She's still worthless.


Well, at least my Mum will know where all her butterflies have gone . . .

6 comments:

Acornbud said...

Bummers being "plugged". I hope you feel better soon. It's such and awful feeling. I like the look of your blog. I miss those camping days when my kids were little. What a lot of fun!

Explore-Science-Beyond-the-Classroom said...

Hey Rach, sorry to see the dead butterfly but in the cosmic scope and scheme of things I guess we're all worthless to somebody and also of great value :) Just philosophizing and mourning Ellie...
Love You,
Mom

Kit-bert: "semi" eevil HR Director said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well Rach :( and that your pathetic worthless kitty is ONLY killing pretty butterflies...

doggies are good pets :) Koda bear kills all the scary roaches and bugs in the house :)

Too Little Time said...

Really love the look of your blog!! I know, I've been out of the loop for a while, I come back and WOW! :) Happy Day K

Too Little Time said...

P.S. What happened to Danielle? I headed over to her after you and blogger said she dropped her blog?

hakucho said...

Your bathroom makeover is very clever. Looks great:)

Oh, no those poor butterflies. You need to have a serious talk with Rhapsody!!

Hope you feel better real soon. Have a wonderful weekend :)