Friday, January 22, 2010

Fun, Floral, and Fruity


My friend All-Natural Mama gave me such a beautiful apron for Christmas that I was inspired to sew a matching apron for Miss Boo. Each evening the kids take turns helping me cook dinner, and I thought that it would make the time spent together seem even more special if they had a special apron to wear that matched mine. (Of course, I still need to make one for Peter, as he flatly refuses to put this one on.)
Along with an embarrassingly large stash of yarn, I have an only-slightly-less embarassingly large stash of fabric, from which I found enough of this fabric to sew three little aprons. One is for Miss Boo, another one is a birthday present for her little friend Emma Kate, and the third one I've put up for sale on Etsy (click here to see the shop).

I used some satin ribbon to sew ties for the waist and neck so that the apron will fit a wide range of sizes.
I can't resist embellishing things, so I sewed on a little silk flower as a finishing touch.
I think this is definitely something that will get lots of love and use!
I have enough fabric to make another one, so if you see that this one is already sold in the shop, contact me and I can make one to fit your specifications. I'd probably give a discount, too, if I sold both to the same person, so just remind me.

3 comments:

Wishful Acres Farm said...

Cute!!!

Ellen said...

Super cute! Cooking's fun to begin with, but when you get to wear something as beautiful as that while doing it - oh, the fun! ;)

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

I think I want one of those for Mike....with a matching one for Michelle. :) Ha. That would really make cooking fun. :)