Friday, January 1, 2010

Lounging

The nice thing about our annual visit to the Sunny South is that we're able to stay for an extended period of time, usually two to three weeks. Sure, we do spend a full day at the Children's Museum and get out quiet a bit (*ahem* four trips to the mall in as many days), but I think my favorite part of visiting my parents is the lounging around part.

Well, the lounging around and drinking coffee part.

Okay, so it's the lounging around while drinking coffee and not having to feel like I should be doing dishes bit that really gets me.

Gabe and Grampy have been bonding over train videos on youtube. What is it about some men and machinery? Peter, my firstborn, came out snarling and spitting, and to this day I'm not entirely sure he's fully aware that he's a human and not a dinosaur. Gabe, on the other hand, just loves anything that dings and chugs and clanks. "Doo-doos" (trains) are his favorites.
Boo has been up to her usual dramatic self. She and my Mum's dog Vinny (a.k.a. Poop Dog) have a love/hate relationship going on. Vinny loves Miss Boo, and Miss Boo loves to scream and yell that Vinny is "attacking" her, which really means he licked her foot.
My parents also have a huge jacuzzi, which gives the kids extra incentive to get dirty at every opportunity.
(I can't really blame them. I'd be in there all the time too if it weren't for the fact that I haven't yet figured out how to soak in the bathtub while knitting.)

Ah yes, the wonderful delight of having lots to do, but not having to do lots is the best vacation in the world!
(Ignore the Starbucks coffee cup in the corner of the photo. I have shown remarkable self-restraint and have only had two pumpkin spice lattes while I have been here, despite the fact that my hometown is Starbuck-less, the rarity of which puts it on par with Antarctica and the odd corner of Norway.)

2 comments:

Ellen said...

So glad you're having a fun time! :) Again, love all of your photos. The kids look like they're enjoying themselves too! ;) Loved the description of "Boo's" love/hate relationship with the dog. :D

Enjoy the sunny south! :)

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

These are great photos...For busy moms, the best vacations are sitting around and relaxing. Glad you are having a nice time. Can't wait to see you again next week.