Thursday, July 22, 2010

Birthday Dress


My little niece Michelle turned two in May, so for her present I made her a cute little dress.

The pattern is the toddler sized version of the Itty Bitty Baby Dress, which I got for free from Made by Rae.


The bodice if fully lined, and has no zippers or button holes, so it was lots of fun to sew. I wouldn't say my version was especially fast, because I had to make the piping and sew on some extra little bits like (the piping) and the bottom contrasting layer, which was my addition to the pattern.

Another great thing about this pattern is that it can fit a pretty wide range of sizes. I made it for my two year old niece, but it was almost big enough to fit my four year old daughter. Next time, I think I'll just add an inch or two to the toddler size and make a matching dress for Miss Boo, as she had difficulty understanding why in the world I would sew a dress for anyone else but her.

3 comments:

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

You need a good picture of Michelle wearing your beautiful creation. I will post that on your blog. I sent that to you in a Thank You card, right? I made the card up...I sure hope you got it. :) I love the dress and so did Michelle! She didn't want to take it off when it came time for bed.

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

I meant I'll post it on your FB page. :) Thanks again...Anytime you want to whip up anoter, I know Michelle will love it! :)

Unknown said...

So very cute! Love the colors! One of my wishes is to get a sewing machine and learn how to do some of the fabulous things you do! :)