Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Gatlinburg

Gatlinburg is a tourist attraction in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. I would like to clarify that it's not exactly a tourist attraction for the intellectual elite or the upper eschelons of society.

I have deduced these two facts (tourist attraction + attraction of hillbilly tourists) simply by their signage.
One either has to be very sure of getting customers to be bold enough to place this sign outside one's eating establishment, or rely on the customers being unable to read.

Here is another example of confidence and/or over-reliance on lack of intellect.
And then there was this.
I rest my case.

2 comments:

Explore-Science-Beyond-the-Classroom said...

You have a keen eye for the strange, the obscure, and the stupid.

Dawn said...

Rachel
Your new blog design is just beautiful! p.s. I have now been to Forks, Prince Edward Island, AND I have two books autographed by J.K. Rowling
That's right....I'm cool
Dawn Grisley