Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Easy Baby Aran

This little pullover was actually a mistake. I had intended to knit it as a baby present for my cousin's baby, but it ended up being big enough to fit my two-year old Gabe, so I guess I'm keeping it.

Aw, shucks. I'm soooooooo disappointed. (Grin).
I've never knit an aran sweater before, because I usually prefer cables over stitch patterns, but I have to admit I did find this pullover a lot of fun. The changing patterns every two inches kept it interesting for me, but weren't so difficult that I had to concentrate too much.
The color in the first picture is the most accurate. For some reason, my camera washed out the blue when I was taking the photos.

I used Caron Simply Soft yarn in the Lt. Country Blue colorway because I already had some on hand. The idea was to use up some of my stash, but I ended up having to purchase another skein in order to finish the thing.

Drat.

Now I still have a half skein of yarn left.

The buttons were some that I had in my little button jar. Whenever I throw something away that isn't worth donating, I harvest all the buttons or zippers for re-use on other projects. These worked perfectly I thought!
Very cute, I think, for a very cute little stinker!

4 comments:

Wishful Acres Farm said...

Cute!

hakucho said...

very cute :)

Sereknitty said...

Adorable! Beautifully knit! Now, make a hat to match, with the leftover yarn and Gabe is good to go for Fall :)

Lindy said...

Adorable sweater. That's a talent I wish I had.