Monday, December 6, 2010

Handspun Organic Alpaca Yarn


My parents have a wonderful little place in the mountains called Kuwili Windmill Alpaca Farm (which translates to "The Dancing Windmill").

My Mum has some absolutely luscious handspun yarn available for sale, which I told her I'd list in my Etsy Shop for her.  There are several Cafe Latte skeins of yarn from Alice in a sport weight yarn (click here),

as well as some extra-high quality yarn from Einstein, also hand spun into a sport weight (click here).

I can firmly attest that this would make an awesome gift for a knitter or crocheter, and you'd only need one skein to make a scarf (each skein is about 190 grams).  Alpaca isn't like wool, which can often be scratchy.  Rather, alpaca yarn is light and airy but wonderfully soft. 

Sighhhh, I have a skein sitting on my dresser, and every time I pass it I have to stop and pet it.

For that matter, just buy a skein for anyone knitter or non-knitter and they can use it as an all-natural stress reducer.  Just think of the money you'd be saving on therapy!