Saturday, September 24, 2011

Boo's Bling


I love having a little girl.  It's so much fun going shopping with her, because she gives me an excuse to indulge in all my worst vices (why yes, we SHOULD stop for a latte at McDonald's and also get you an ice cream cone . . .).
So, a bit on a whim, while we were shopping at Wal-mart we decided that it was time that she got her ears pierced.  My mum took me to get my ears pierced when I was about that age, so I told myself that it was an important female family rite of passage. 

 (To be honest it was mostly because I thought they'd look adorable on my ladylike cute daughter.)

 Women are so much braver than men.  Thankfully I don't have to deal with piercings with the boys yet, but I have a feeling that I'll never have to battle that one with Peter.  Last time he had to have a shot, it took three nurses to hold him down.


Boo said it just stung for a second, shrugging like it was no big deal (despite the fact that the otherwise lovely Wal-mart associate couldn't get the gun dislodged from the earring and it took a bit of gentle tugging to separate it from her ear.)

Doesn't she look so sophisticated and grown up?

No?  That's okay.  I like my snarky Boo just as she is.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those look so cute! Love them! Haylee was excited to get some Mickey earrings at Disney... her first dangle-y ones. :)

Rachel @ Grasping for Objectivity said...

How adorable!! I've asked Ali a few times if she wanted to get her ears pierced, FULLY KNOWING that she would say no!! :) She's a bit shy of pain.