Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Bit of Sewing


 

Unfortunately my beloved sewing machine is once again on the fritz, but during the brief spell in which it decided to cooperate with me, I was able to get two little dresses whipped up for Miss Boo.

My favorite pattern for her is one I sort of made up (it's not really a pattern at all, just a big rectangle with elastic sewn in).  It only uses about a yard and a half of fabric, and I've gotten to the point that I can whip up a dress (lined) in about and hour and a half.

One of the things I like about this pattern (or un-pattern) is that she can wear it in the winter as well as the summer just by layering a long sleeved tee underneath.

Silly little Miss Boo.  She loves wearing dresses.

The second dress was the same design using some fabric I had in my stash.

I used an old white sheet to line both dresses.  Sheets make fabulous lining fabric.  Not only are they soft and comfortable next to the skin (obviously) but for only a few bucks (at Goodwill or Salvation Army) you can get an awful lot of fabric; much cheaper than purchasing muslin from the fabric store.

For both dresses I made a matching bow hair clip, which Miss Boo promptly lost.

No comments: