Friday, March 30, 2012

Further Along


I have three more weeks to my due date, and I'm doing my best not to get too impatient for THINGS. TO. BE. FINALLY. OVER.

(My personal philosophy is that God makes the pregnant woman as miserable as possible during the last month, so that she actually looks forward to labor. No normally sane woman would ever go through childbirth if it weren't for the utter desperation for things to end.)

In the meantime, Handyman has been working hard on finishing the attic.  I think his goal is to get it done before the baby arrives, but we shall see.  Thankfully the sheet rock is pretty much done except for a few spots, and that horrible powdery white dust has settled down enough that I can look at it resting cozily on all the surfaces of the house and contemplate the possibility of dusting.

Someday.


Miss Boo is Daddy's best helper.  She loves to bring him things, and the two of them have a little game they play where she hides candy in his tool boxes and he "finds" it by accident and can't figure out how it got there.

The ceiling is painted a lovely blue.  I really, really like the blue, which is a bit of a robin's egg blue cross with a light peacock blue.  Unfortunately the light bulb we currently have installed gives everything a rather yellowish tint, so the color looks best during the day with the natural light.

The dormer window (I think that's what it's called, but I haven't asked Handyman) has already been claimed by Miss Boo as a play house.  We've started calling it the "Boo-doir". 

I'd like to figure out a way to add a curtain or something so that it looks like the front of a house, but I'm not quite certain how best to hang it.  The ceiling slants inward at an awkward angle, so perhaps it would best to make a movable partition instead from plywood that I can paint.

Things are starting to look good!

No comments: