Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Blueberries!


Imagine my shock and delight when I got home one day to find 20 pounds of delicious blueberries in my refrigerator!


Handyman works with someone who traveled to Michigan to pick the berries, and he was generous enough to give us these.

When I was growing up, my Oma and Opa's blueberries were one of the most highly anticipated treats of the summer, so watching my kids devour the tasty fruits was a double present of deja vu and nostalgia.

First up on the menu?  Pioneer Woman's Lemon Blueberry Pancakes with whipping cream.

Drat, just looking at the picture gives me cravings. 

Hmmm, time for a late night snack!

3 comments:

nancyc said...

I love blueberries--yum!

I nominated you for the Sunshine Award! If you would like to participate, see this post: http://nancycreative.com/2012/08/03/blog-awards-and-a-big-thank-you/

Acornbud said...

Jealous...they look sooo yummy! I thought of you when I saw the giant fresh Morels at Pike's Market in Seattle.

Anonymous said...

Posting pictures of those pancakes........ Karma is a b****! So jealous!

--Joooooosh