I got this fabric this summer and I didn't get around to making anything with it until this weekend (procrastination!) I only purchased half a yard, so I had to use every bit in order to get a wearable outfit from it.
My MiL Diane picked up a handful of sewing notions from a thrift store, and in the bunch was a red binding that matched perfectly!
I added a bit of lace at the cuffs and the bottom hem, but this time I was able to restrain myself and didn't get too wild and crazy . . .
Due to the limited amount of fabric I had to work with, I decided not to use a pattern but just made a simple peasant dress using a shirt Ella wears as a guide for sizing. The dress won't fit her for long, but as it's a seasonal item anyway I wanted something that fit her perfectly right now.
I love adding a tag. It makes me feel important and designer-ish.
For the back I did my favorite little cut opening and added a button closure. The binding made this so easy to do. Hopefully I can remember what I did the next time . . .
I had bits and scraps left over from the dress, so I made two little fabric shoes to match.
I found the tutorial online, and it's my favorite bootie pattern for babies. They fit so well and don't take long at all to put together!