Monday, July 17, 2023

Kelp Dreams

Like so many of us poor, beleaguered insomniacs, I have explored the wide world of ways to help myself fall asleep and stay asleep and sleep deeply.

(You people in the back who don't have this problem, just shush for your own personal safety. We insomniacs might hate you. Just a little.)

Anyway, the other night I took some kelp supplements, which are supposedly high in iodine and other things that are magical and sleep-inducing.

The next morning, I woke up, having had a vivid dream in which I was interviewing one of my favorite actors, Ji Chang Wook. 
He was lovely and charming, and we quickly bonded over a light dinner of Mac and Cheese waffles which were topped with fried chicken and drizzled with a sweet Sriracha sauce glaze.
At some point during this fabulous dream, I must have fallen into a food coma (a dream within a dream?) because the next thing I "remember" was waking up to find myself alone at the table, my reporter's notebook lying forlorn and empty in front of me. I desperately flipped through the pages, hoping for some note of farewell from my favorite actor, but alas, there was none.

I awoke, thoroughly despondent and craving chicken fried waffles. 
😭😭😭😭😭

Never meet your heroes, even in your dreams. 

No comments: