Sunday, September 24, 2023

Feeding my Family

I've had several really good days in a row, which has resulted in a flurry of baked goods. There's something so satisfying about seeing rows upon rows of homemade raspberry poppy seed muffins.
The knowledge that my family will get to enjoy them feeds something deep in my soul. 

Maybe appreciate it. Maybe they won't. 

(Three of them are teens, after all. One is ever mindful of "the gains, Mom, I gotta watch the GAINS!" The second doesn't ever seem to be hungry when dinner is ready, and the third commicates almost entirely with grunts That could mean anything from, "This is the best food I've ever HAD!!!" to, "I would rather eat dirt".)

Still, I find such joy in getting my hands covered in flour and kneading up a fresh batch of bread for sandwiches or soup. 
It's not miraculous or marvelous, but I hope these simple acts of love feed their hearts. 

No comments: