Saturday, October 22, 2022

My Tree

When I was growing up, we moved a lot.

(A. Lot.) 

(Proud Military Brat right here, oh yeah.)

Anyway, no matter where we lived, I always managed to find My Tree. It was a place I could go for refuge; place to find quiet; a spot to read and dream. 
Of course, The Tree of My Heart will always be the banyan tree next to my old house in Hawaii.
When I moved here to Illinois, I thought I was past the age of needing a tree.

(Heh.)

But something I'm learning, the older I get, is that the little girl can always be found in the woman. I was so delighted a few years ago when my best friend Charlie brought me to a place nearby where I finally found My Illinois Tree.
It's a place where I can find refuge, quiet, and the healing that Nature brings.
True, it's a little bit different than the trees of my youth, but I'm still thrilled that I was able to find a tree to climb.

No comments: