Tuesday, November 7, 2006

A Bad Attack of the Giggles

What a nice day this has been! Today the weather was very nice, so I took the kids to see Daddy at work. Andy was building some sort of pole building, and there were a few chickens and cows at the nearby property. Peter had so much fun chasing those fat chickens around the yard and feeding grass to the calves. I had to leave at 2:30 to teach music lessons, but Peter was able to stay at work with Daddy. When Andy came home this evening, Peter was fast asleep in his arms. I think the little guy played himself to sleep.Then, this evening, Ellis Vangilder (girls, he's 16, single, and a GREAT guy; call for more info . . .)came by to record another song Andy wrote, called Psalm 89. It's a beautiful song, but Andy couldn't seem to get his vocal part correct. It was just so funny that he couldn't sing the song that he wrote. From upstairs I could hear Andy singing, and it really sounded awful. (At first I assumed someone had stepped on our cat.) Usually Andy has a very nice voice, but I think nerves got the better of him. It didn't help at all that he had to do about fifty takes (Ellis thinks 70) before he got it semi-correct.

Have you ever had an irresistible urge to giggle? Andy's singing was so awful I couldn't stop laughing! Poor man! There he was, trying his best to sing his own song correctly, and his loving and supportive wife was crying from laughter. He finally got a fairly good recording. Perhaps I'll post a bit of it online, if I can figure out how to do it.

No comments: