Saturday, November 4, 2006

First Monthly Knitting Circle

I have very few photos to post today *sob*. My mom took fantastic pictures with her digital camera and burned them on to a CD for me, but I accidentally left the CD at her house down in South Carolina. I was really looking forward to posting some of those pictures of my trip, too.

Then, last night, I brought my camera to the first monthly knitting circle, but I left the batteries at home. Well, you'll just have to take my word for it that people actually showed up!

Seriously, I was afraid no one would show up for the knitting circle. I had left flyers at different venues across town, but I wasn't too hopeful. Then, it occurred to me (mother of two that I am) that there are worse things in life than being alone with my knitting at a coffee shop. Amazingly enough, four other ladies showed up, and I had a wonderful time chatting and knitting. I got lots of progress done on my second chenille sock. I think I might be able to finish it today!

Lori brought a fair-isle baby sweater she's been working on, and it inspired me to purchase the pattern for my own kiddies. Really, you MUST view the pictures she posted on her blog - they're adorable.

Today we're all heading to Chicago to spend the weekend with my sister and her family. Tonight she and I are going to see the Broadway musical, The Pirate Queen. Hopefully I'll have pictures to post when I get back from the Windy City.

Since I have to post some pictures, I decided to show off my blooming Cattleya. I am an orchid killer, so when a plant actually survives long enough to bloom, it calls for a ticker-tape parade through Freeport.

No comments: