Friday, November 10, 2006

Icky, Sticky, Wet, and Yicky

Today the weather is just horrible. Yesterday was such a beautiful Fall day, but today, well, let's just say it's only good for one thing - yup, knitting!I finally finished the border on Linda Well's Prayer Blanket. When I crochetted the squares together, it tended to pull on one side more than the other, because some of the squares were much "stretchier". I hadn't originally planned to crochet a border, but I'm glad I did. I chose a heavy yarn for the border, and that stiffened the blanket nicely.

I had to include a picture of my new knitting bag, too. It's pretty big, perhaps a little too big for most of my projects, but I just love the fabric. The bag is reversible, and has huge pockets that are big enough to hold my extra knitting needles.

Want to know what is stashed in my knitting bag right now? (Trumpets, please) Another project! Yes, can you believe that I'm starting another knitting project? Since I don't actually have anything else on the needles currently, I've started Mom's birthday present. It's a sweater exactly like Auntie Erna's but the color is a (yicky) green instead of (beautiful) brown. (Hee, hee! I had to put the color comments in, because Mom and I disagreed about the green. She picked it out herself, so she must like it!) I don't know if I'll have it finished by Christmas, but I'd like to try to get it done by then. That way I can just give it to her when I see her.*Note to self when knitting sweaters: 1)Block pieces BEFORE sewing them together, you knitwit; 2)Add more buttonholes - no one likes belly-bursting sweaters; and 3)Bind off collar in alternating stitches, so it doesn't curl up like Count Dracula's Cape.

No comments: