Thursday, December 7, 2006

Chicken-noodle Cookies

This week Peter and I have been doing a lot of baking. First, we made a pumpkin pie from some pumpkins given to us by Pops (Andy's Dad). Peter had so much fun poking holes in the top of the pumpkin with a screw driver. All month, I've been telling him, "Don't poke holes in the pumpkin", and now he finally got his wish. The pie came out very well, if I do say so myself.

Then, we started to bake some Christmas cookies for my students (and for Peter and Andy). I don't like having to wait for cookies to chill, so I decided to bake Snickerdoodles. (The funny thing was, Peter can't say "Snickerdoodles". Instead, he called them "Chicken-noodles".) We also made some Peanut Butter cookies, and put Ghiradelli chocolate chips on top. Baby Banna had lots of fun smearing melted chocolate chips all over her face and clothes.

So, all in all, the cookies and baking came out very well - especially the "Chicken-noodles".

No comments: